the old...Journey with Me...

Thursday, September 09, 2004

My little odyssey and it's really pouring cats & dogs

More on Wed, 9/8:
Actually, it was not that bad cuz i got a book (my dad got it for me ) and we just went over it and came up with sentences for the vocab words in it. Next, i'll make sure to get some books that we can read together and that'll make life even easier. I didn't even really need to use the bribes during the lesson, but i gave it to her anyhow. I didn't wanna bring candy (just in case the parents didn't approve) so I brought like cute little note pads, a snoopy color pencil (which is really cute and I want it for myself!!), some stickers for your nails, just your general cutsey girl stuff (thank goodness she's a girl!!! i wouldn't know what to get a guy besides candy/food!)

I also decided to be adventurous and try a new route to/from tutoring. I got there without a hitch. There's a bus stop near home and #212 goes almost right to the tutee's place. But on the way home, there are two #212 routes and I guess only one of them goes to my home. On the picture of the routes at the bus stop, it looked like they were about the same, just a lot more stops (and slightly different stops) on one. Well, I'd barely gotten a chance to look when the special #212 bus came along, so I quickly got inside. I would've asked the driver to make sure, but he only opened the back door of the bus and so after I got on, I didn't see the point in going all the way to the front and getting off at the next stop or whatever if it was wrong (cuz I figured this was right). Now, I'd also like to mention that althought the temperature's been really pleasant this week...it's because it's really gloomy & rainy. And although it didn't rain on the way to tutoring, it was raining on the way back!! And as I sat in the bus, I noticed we were getting further and further away from my house and I wondered what was going on! so I asked the driver and turns out it was the wrong bus!!! So I got off and looked on the map and took the wrong turn and walked all the way to a big bridge until I realized it! So then I turned around and walked back...(all in steadily pouring rain and it was getting cold cuz i was wearing shorts!!)...and about an hour later I finally got home!! So I made a 30 mins bus ride into a 1.5 hrs odyssey! I didn't get home till past 8:30pm, but thankfully, baseball was playing, so I didn't miss Meteor Garden 2. :) hee hee

Thur, 9/9:
It was totally POURING after lunch!! Just waiting at the bus stop for 10 mins and my pants were totally soaked (ok fine, I exaggerated...they were half wet, half dry...but still!). I don't think it normally rains that hard in CA, cuz I don't remember ever getting so wet even with an umbrella! It's like the umbrella was only able to keep the top half of me dry. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day holed up at home (it rained steadily all afternoon & night), and I got LOTS of studying done! :)

Fri, 9/10:
YAY! It's friday! I'm going down to TaiChung after my tutoring session tonight (which ends at 7pm, so I probably won't get there till like 11ish!) cuz one of my cousins (Yahan) is visiting from the U.S. so I think all of us kids (cousins) are going back to meet up and stuff.