Shopping is great!
Monday, 9/5:
Monday was really busy (cuz, as it turns out, the typhoon changed directions and didn't affect Taiwan). After class, I hung out for a bit with two of my classmates, Mariko (from japan) & Mimi (from the philippines), who usually go out to lunch together. So I've joined them and we've also made plans to do all the touristy stuff together too (although, they've mostly done it all cuz Mariko's been here about 2 years and Mimi's come to Taipei several times already. but that's ok, they said they were cool with going with me again)! :) yippee!
After lunch we split up cuz Mariko has to work (she teaches japanese at a bu xi ban and she's got class everyday!!! except Sunday..ick!), Mimi went home and I went to the computer lab. :) It was soooo packed though! I had to wait a while for a computer. I stayed for a long time though. And then it was time to meet up for my first session with the high schooler tutee (Isabella). It went SOOOOO much better than my first lesson with my other tutee (the little girl who refused to speak). I think it helped that she actually wants to learn and actually wanted to practice speaking. Her mom wants me to give her homework, which I was more than happy to do! I took a page out of my Chinese teacher's book and gave her some new vocabulary
words to look up (from the national geographic show we watched together on Mysteries of Egypt, which she's interested in) and picked some to make sentences with (cuz she wants to improve her vocab). And then, (cuz she wants to work on her speaking too) I told her to write 2 pages, double-spaced, no more than 12-point font about her summer (cuz she was at an ESL camp in Mass) which she'll have to present in our next session! :) hee hee hee hee *evil grin* Her mom's really nice! Afterwards, I had to
rush to Jennifer's going away dinner party and the mom offered to drive me there while we talked a little about how I planned to teach Isabella and stuff.
I got to the dinner party pretty late and they were all finishing their dinners so I'm glad I had a bao zi (steamed bun) leftover from breakfast that I could eat to tide me over. I wouldn't have wanted everyone to wait for me. Then we cabbed over to Jennifer's place and chatted for a while. She had about 5 other friends there who were all still studying at ShiDa. I only really got the chance to chat with 2 of them who were really cool. Hopefully, I'll see them around again. I had to leave early though cuz 8am class and still hadn't done my homework!! So I left around 10:30pm but didn't get back till like after 11 cuz I had to walk to the MRT station
from her place, transfer lines, and then walk about 20 mins home (cuz there aren't many buses going my way that late at night).
Tuesday, 9/6:
I dragged Mariko & Mimi to go shopping! We grabbed lunch from 7-11 which have these fan tuan (rice balls?) wrapped in the sushi seaweed wrappers with different things inside that's really good! Reminds me of the Spam Musubi from Hawaii! mmmMMMMmmm... We also met up with Teng (from ultimate for those of you who know...) for lunch before he headed off to TaiChung. He's in Taiwan for vacation. And we all chatted for a while before Mariko had to leave for class and Teng left for the bus station. Mimi suggested the underground mall beneath the Taipei Train Station MRT for cheap stuff, so that's where we went. We shopped for like 3 hours! Hee hee Mimi says it's because I'm so indecisive. :) I got sandals for $200NT(~$6) and a sidebag (backpack) for $400NT (~$12)! Excellent.
Afterwards, I got home around 4 or 5 and I was soooo sweaty! I did my homework and had dinner with mgau. By then it was around 8ish and I decided to check if Meteor Garden 2 was airing again (just out of curiosity)..and it was!!! :) YAY! And it was the episode where Dao Ming Shi regains his memory. But that's all I'll say so I don't ruin it for Di (are you done watching it yet?). Afterwards, it was 9pm and I had to watch the rerun of last night's Phoenix cuz I missed it. And THEN it was 10 and I had to watch the new episode for Phoenix (of course). hee hee So I watched 3 hours of TV and didn't do as much studying as I *should* be doing! Ah well. TV's so good! It's hard to resist its draw. At least I'm watching Chinese stuff and not HBO and other English movies. Although, they do air reruns of Sex and the City on HBO and every now and then I'll switch over (while the other show's on commercial break). :)
Wednesday, 9/7:
Ugh...I have to teach the little girl today. I hope it goes better! I have to go shopping for some stickers and stuff as incentive (bribes) to get her to talk!
Monday was really busy (cuz, as it turns out, the typhoon changed directions and didn't affect Taiwan). After class, I hung out for a bit with two of my classmates, Mariko (from japan) & Mimi (from the philippines), who usually go out to lunch together. So I've joined them and we've also made plans to do all the touristy stuff together too (although, they've mostly done it all cuz Mariko's been here about 2 years and Mimi's come to Taipei several times already. but that's ok, they said they were cool with going with me again)! :) yippee!
After lunch we split up cuz Mariko has to work (she teaches japanese at a bu xi ban and she's got class everyday!!! except Sunday..ick!), Mimi went home and I went to the computer lab. :) It was soooo packed though! I had to wait a while for a computer. I stayed for a long time though. And then it was time to meet up for my first session with the high schooler tutee (Isabella). It went SOOOOO much better than my first lesson with my other tutee (the little girl who refused to speak). I think it helped that she actually wants to learn and actually wanted to practice speaking. Her mom wants me to give her homework, which I was more than happy to do! I took a page out of my Chinese teacher's book and gave her some new vocabulary
words to look up (from the national geographic show we watched together on Mysteries of Egypt, which she's interested in) and picked some to make sentences with (cuz she wants to improve her vocab). And then, (cuz she wants to work on her speaking too) I told her to write 2 pages, double-spaced, no more than 12-point font about her summer (cuz she was at an ESL camp in Mass) which she'll have to present in our next session! :) hee hee hee hee *evil grin* Her mom's really nice! Afterwards, I had to
rush to Jennifer's going away dinner party and the mom offered to drive me there while we talked a little about how I planned to teach Isabella and stuff.
I got to the dinner party pretty late and they were all finishing their dinners so I'm glad I had a bao zi (steamed bun) leftover from breakfast that I could eat to tide me over. I wouldn't have wanted everyone to wait for me. Then we cabbed over to Jennifer's place and chatted for a while. She had about 5 other friends there who were all still studying at ShiDa. I only really got the chance to chat with 2 of them who were really cool. Hopefully, I'll see them around again. I had to leave early though cuz 8am class and still hadn't done my homework!! So I left around 10:30pm but didn't get back till like after 11 cuz I had to walk to the MRT station
from her place, transfer lines, and then walk about 20 mins home (cuz there aren't many buses going my way that late at night).
Tuesday, 9/6:
I dragged Mariko & Mimi to go shopping! We grabbed lunch from 7-11 which have these fan tuan (rice balls?) wrapped in the sushi seaweed wrappers with different things inside that's really good! Reminds me of the Spam Musubi from Hawaii! mmmMMMMmmm... We also met up with Teng (from ultimate for those of you who know...) for lunch before he headed off to TaiChung. He's in Taiwan for vacation. And we all chatted for a while before Mariko had to leave for class and Teng left for the bus station. Mimi suggested the underground mall beneath the Taipei Train Station MRT for cheap stuff, so that's where we went. We shopped for like 3 hours! Hee hee Mimi says it's because I'm so indecisive. :) I got sandals for $200NT(~$6) and a sidebag (backpack) for $400NT (~$12)! Excellent.
Afterwards, I got home around 4 or 5 and I was soooo sweaty! I did my homework and had dinner with mgau. By then it was around 8ish and I decided to check if Meteor Garden 2 was airing again (just out of curiosity)..and it was!!! :) YAY! And it was the episode where Dao Ming Shi regains his memory. But that's all I'll say so I don't ruin it for Di (are you done watching it yet?). Afterwards, it was 9pm and I had to watch the rerun of last night's Phoenix cuz I missed it. And THEN it was 10 and I had to watch the new episode for Phoenix (of course). hee hee So I watched 3 hours of TV and didn't do as much studying as I *should* be doing! Ah well. TV's so good! It's hard to resist its draw. At least I'm watching Chinese stuff and not HBO and other English movies. Although, they do air reruns of Sex and the City on HBO and every now and then I'll switch over (while the other show's on commercial break). :)
Wednesday, 9/7:
Ugh...I have to teach the little girl today. I hope it goes better! I have to go shopping for some stickers and stuff as incentive (bribes) to get her to talk!

<< Home