A pretty unproductive day
Oh my gosh! I didnÂt get ANYTHING done today! WellÂ
almost anything. I was
supposed to wake up early and go get my SIM card before meeting up with a
potential tutee. But I ended up taking too long to get ready, and then
having to have breakfast with mgau cuz she made soy milk and a steamed bun
for me! And also cuz one of their sons came to visit (the fourth/youngest
one). So I ended up being late for the meeting! Heh.
Anyhow, the tuteeÂs cool. SheÂs in high school and wants to improve her
English. SheÂs thinking about going to the U.S. the study (college or
grad). She was just at a summer camp in Greenfield, Mass. (itÂs supposed
to be a good high school I think, but IÂve never heard of it). Her momÂs
pretty cool too. Very friendly. It sucked to negotiate my salary though.
But at least I made sure to get above $600NT/hr this time!! The girl,
Isabella, is interested in Bio and World History. So the mom was thinking
I could tutor her in those subjects. So we went to a huge bookstore (in
Taipei 101, tall building, trendy mall) to see if there were any Bio
textbooks. But omg! Looking through them I realized how much of it IÂd
forgotten!!! AUGH! Thankfully, we decided that the textbooks were too hard
(college-level) and there werenÂt any high school level ones. So in the
end, since Isabella really just needs practice with English (writing and
speaking), her mom said it didnÂt have to be Bio, so we decided on World
History instead! :) Much much better! I wonder if I need to get a
dictionary or something cuz sometimes I need help with explaining vocab!!
Anyhow, that was a cool trip. The farthest IÂve been since coming to
Taipei!
They dropped me off (they drove) at home and by then it was nearly lunch
time, so I decided IÂd put off the trip to 7-11 to get my SIM card. I went
home for lunch and one of mgauÂs grandchildren was there. HeÂs the kid of
the second son and just entering college. Mgau have 4 sons and 8
grandchildren!! And it seems like all of them come to visit on the
weekends. :) Anyhow, after lunch I went upstairs to do some homework
(figured it was too hot to go out and IÂd wait till it was cooler). It is
SOOooooo hard to concentrate! IÂve totally forgotten how to study! I
finally had to turn on some music, but the computerÂs too far away from
the desk (itÂs in the living room near the phone) so I turned on the radio
and tried to find a decent station. IÂd just gotten settled and productive
when mga came upstairs to call me down to meet her third son and his kid.
This kid was like 9 years old! So thereÂs a big age gap amongst the
grandchildren.
Afterwards, I chatted for a while with mga and then finished up my
homework. And by then it was 9ish and I didnÂt think itÂd be safe for me
to go out and about (plus, I was too lazy). So I somehow ended up watching
TV until 1am!!! And I spent the whole time looking for something to
watch!! What a waste of time!
supposed to wake up early and go get my SIM card before meeting up with a
potential tutee. But I ended up taking too long to get ready, and then
having to have breakfast with mgau cuz she made soy milk and a steamed bun
for me! And also cuz one of their sons came to visit (the fourth/youngest
one). So I ended up being late for the meeting! Heh.
Anyhow, the tuteeÂs cool. SheÂs in high school and wants to improve her
English. SheÂs thinking about going to the U.S. the study (college or
grad). She was just at a summer camp in Greenfield, Mass. (itÂs supposed
to be a good high school I think, but IÂve never heard of it). Her momÂs
pretty cool too. Very friendly. It sucked to negotiate my salary though.
But at least I made sure to get above $600NT/hr this time!! The girl,
Isabella, is interested in Bio and World History. So the mom was thinking
I could tutor her in those subjects. So we went to a huge bookstore (in
Taipei 101, tall building, trendy mall) to see if there were any Bio
textbooks. But omg! Looking through them I realized how much of it IÂd
forgotten!!! AUGH! Thankfully, we decided that the textbooks were too hard
(college-level) and there werenÂt any high school level ones. So in the
end, since Isabella really just needs practice with English (writing and
speaking), her mom said it didnÂt have to be Bio, so we decided on World
History instead! :) Much much better! I wonder if I need to get a
dictionary or something cuz sometimes I need help with explaining vocab!!
Anyhow, that was a cool trip. The farthest IÂve been since coming to
Taipei!
They dropped me off (they drove) at home and by then it was nearly lunch
time, so I decided IÂd put off the trip to 7-11 to get my SIM card. I went
home for lunch and one of mgauÂs grandchildren was there. HeÂs the kid of
the second son and just entering college. Mgau have 4 sons and 8
grandchildren!! And it seems like all of them come to visit on the
weekends. :) Anyhow, after lunch I went upstairs to do some homework
(figured it was too hot to go out and IÂd wait till it was cooler). It is
SOOooooo hard to concentrate! IÂve totally forgotten how to study! I
finally had to turn on some music, but the computerÂs too far away from
the desk (itÂs in the living room near the phone) so I turned on the radio
and tried to find a decent station. IÂd just gotten settled and productive
when mga came upstairs to call me down to meet her third son and his kid.
This kid was like 9 years old! So thereÂs a big age gap amongst the
grandchildren.
Afterwards, I chatted for a while with mga and then finished up my
homework. And by then it was 9ish and I didnÂt think itÂd be safe for me
to go out and about (plus, I was too lazy). So I somehow ended up watching
TV until 1am!!! And I spent the whole time looking for something to
watch!! What a waste of time!

<< Home