Impromptu trip to TaiChung
Bite count: 16!! Ack! I've got 2 on my left hand!!! oh wait! nope. there's 17! but at least only 2 are really really itchy!
Woke up around 6am again. I think it's cuz my parents wake up and start talking. Anyhow, my parents decided to go to TaiChung this morning! Yup...in the space of 1hr or whatever. I think originally we were going to take the weekend easy and just tour around Taipei a bit. But nope. Now, we're gonna take this opportunity to go back and visit my grandma before school starts. which is cool too, but so sudden. The minute I woke up, they told me to hurry up and get ready to go! Heh...we got to the bus station at 8am and then rode 3 hours down to TaiChung.
It was the first time for me seeing our apartment there. It's so sparse! No TV, no fridge, and the sofas are wooden benches!! I guess it makes sense since we're barely there anyhow. And the furniture was all free. Wow! I haven't seen my relatives in 7 years! I felt so much taller. But that's weird, cuz I don't think I've grown at all...maybe they've gotten shorter?? anyhow. didn't do much. chatted with my aunt a bit, had lunch at a nearby mall's food court, did a little shopping, got passport sized pictures taken...cuz they really love pictures here. you have to give you picture for every little thing (ShiDa application and then registration, jobs, etc) I also got a stamp of my name in the fancier lettering...it's used for banking. It's pretty, but I didn't recognize my name at all! At first, I thought the guy had made a huge mistake!! :)
Had dinner with my grandma who's changed quite a bit!! She's been sick, so she's lost lots of weight (she was skinny to begin with!) and looks so much older! It was good to see her again and in good health & spirits. She's 83 yrs old and my sole surviving grandparent. Actually, she's the only one I've ever met cuz the others all died before I was born! Her health hasn't been so good these past few years, so I was glad that I was able to see her. She reminisced abuot the good old days and brought out all these pics! i totally didn't recognize my mom and her sibs as kids. Finally had a nice hot shower at "home" and applied this new medicine my mom got from my aunt on my bites...but it really stung! It was like my whole body was on fire (cuz i had the medicine all over)!
Woke up around 6am again. I think it's cuz my parents wake up and start talking. Anyhow, my parents decided to go to TaiChung this morning! Yup...in the space of 1hr or whatever. I think originally we were going to take the weekend easy and just tour around Taipei a bit. But nope. Now, we're gonna take this opportunity to go back and visit my grandma before school starts. which is cool too, but so sudden. The minute I woke up, they told me to hurry up and get ready to go! Heh...we got to the bus station at 8am and then rode 3 hours down to TaiChung.
It was the first time for me seeing our apartment there. It's so sparse! No TV, no fridge, and the sofas are wooden benches!! I guess it makes sense since we're barely there anyhow. And the furniture was all free. Wow! I haven't seen my relatives in 7 years! I felt so much taller. But that's weird, cuz I don't think I've grown at all...maybe they've gotten shorter?? anyhow. didn't do much. chatted with my aunt a bit, had lunch at a nearby mall's food court, did a little shopping, got passport sized pictures taken...cuz they really love pictures here. you have to give you picture for every little thing (ShiDa application and then registration, jobs, etc) I also got a stamp of my name in the fancier lettering...it's used for banking. It's pretty, but I didn't recognize my name at all! At first, I thought the guy had made a huge mistake!! :)
Had dinner with my grandma who's changed quite a bit!! She's been sick, so she's lost lots of weight (she was skinny to begin with!) and looks so much older! It was good to see her again and in good health & spirits. She's 83 yrs old and my sole surviving grandparent. Actually, she's the only one I've ever met cuz the others all died before I was born! Her health hasn't been so good these past few years, so I was glad that I was able to see her. She reminisced abuot the good old days and brought out all these pics! i totally didn't recognize my mom and her sibs as kids. Finally had a nice hot shower at "home" and applied this new medicine my mom got from my aunt on my bites...but it really stung! It was like my whole body was on fire (cuz i had the medicine all over)!

<< Home