Car accidents SUCK
Ugh...many of you know about the car accident in June where a punk 16-yr-old kid (just got his license)..dressed all in black and looking really goth backed into me in the parking lot of Barnes & Noble (@ westgate)...well it's finally been settled. But I'm SOOoo pissed. So here's what happened. The insurance companies decided it was 50-50 fault (since we were BOTH backing up...even though i was barely moving!!). So my insurance company (Mercury) called me up and told me that State Farm (the other guy's insurance company) accepted fault and will pay 1/2 of the damages. So my agent gave me the number to call State Farm directly. So I did, and I scheduled for an examiner to come out and look at my car expecting that I'd get at least $300 (but probably closer to $400) to fix my car, which would be excellent since the estimate I had to fix my car was close to $300...so the more the better! :)
BUT the examiner came out on Tues, did his thing and said that because of pre-existing damages (the paint scratching off on the other side of the rear bumper), so deductions would have to be made. But he made it sound like that will be determined by State Farm agents and told me to call them tomorrow. Me, being inexperienced & naive, just said ok and let him go unquestioned. The next morning, S.F. called me and told me that the guy had estimated $900+ in damages (EXCELLENT!), but was deducting ~$600 for the previous damage I had (THE PAINT SCRATCH?????). I was SOOOooo pissed. I tried to refute and say, the damage was very little. Nothing compared their STUPID client's work! But they wouldn't BUDGE. Wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor or even to the examiner again (who I found out was the one who determined how much to deduct! what a pisser!). Or even to get a new examination! SOOoooo mean!!!!! So they said for me to talk to my insurance company and have them refute for me. So I called up Mercury, but apparently, since the damages are less than my collision deductible, they won't help!!! ARG. So I called S.F. back and told them my insurance company wouldn't help and that I didn't agree with the $600 deduction. It's just PAINT! I kept arguing and suggesting different possibilities (re-estimate, talk to estimator, get a second-opinion on the deduction estimate - but no...S.F. TRUSTS their estimator to do a good job, they won't listen to anyone else - CUZ IT SUITS THEM JUST FINE!!!!) and finally the lady said that the only thing I could do if I really didn't agree is to take their client (PUNK PUNK PUNK) to small claims court (which at first, i was totally gonna do until my parents talked me out of it...it costs $$$ to go to small claims court??)!!!! So I finally asked (after much argument, and them repeating themselves 500 times!) if I could just get the paint part fixed on my own and have another estimator come out afterwards. She said, she wasn't sure and she'll check and get back to me....
In between all these calls was a lot of me being upset and cussing out that little punk and his conniving mother (she really pissed me off) and being pissed at S.F. for being such bullies (cuz they knew I wouldn't really be able to do anything if my insurance company wouldn't help me!) and at the examiner guy for being such a prick. ARG! It's totally UNFAIR. But Fine. I did all I could. Someone from S.F. called me back and said no way. It's a pre-existing damage, and I can't fix it or whatever rubbish that came out of their mouth. I was exhausted of dealing with them (all their agents were pretty UNFRIENDLY too!!) and I'm leaving the country in 2 days!! So fine. I'll take your MEASLY settlement of $150ish (cuz it was 50-50 fault, so they only paid HALF of what they estimated BASTARDS!!!!!!!). But I've come out of this with an extreme hatred of S.F. (and Mercury didn't fare too well in customer satisfaction either) I mean, yeah, they're good...but they treat the other party like crap. I mean, there was NO NEED to be so mean about it. They knew they had the power and just ground me into the dirt. Grrrrr! So even though, I know that they treat the customers GREAT...they're the best...but they're MEAN. And I just don't wanna give my money to such MEAN people. BOOOOOOOO!
During this whole turmoil, I kept hating being grown up and having to deal with all this SUCKY SUCKY stuff. My parents kept telling me that this is like...my fate...or whatever and I should just accept it. Cuz if there's nothing I can do to change it, why get mad about it, it's just wasted effort/energy that doesn't change anything. But I can't help it. Just thinking about it now (even though it's all over and done with) makes me mad! I've accepted it cuz I've had to ($150 is better than nothing!) but why shouldn't I be mad about it?
BUT the examiner came out on Tues, did his thing and said that because of pre-existing damages (the paint scratching off on the other side of the rear bumper), so deductions would have to be made. But he made it sound like that will be determined by State Farm agents and told me to call them tomorrow. Me, being inexperienced & naive, just said ok and let him go unquestioned. The next morning, S.F. called me and told me that the guy had estimated $900+ in damages (EXCELLENT!), but was deducting ~$600 for the previous damage I had (THE PAINT SCRATCH?????). I was SOOOooo pissed. I tried to refute and say, the damage was very little. Nothing compared their STUPID client's work! But they wouldn't BUDGE. Wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor or even to the examiner again (who I found out was the one who determined how much to deduct! what a pisser!). Or even to get a new examination! SOOoooo mean!!!!! So they said for me to talk to my insurance company and have them refute for me. So I called up Mercury, but apparently, since the damages are less than my collision deductible, they won't help!!! ARG. So I called S.F. back and told them my insurance company wouldn't help and that I didn't agree with the $600 deduction. It's just PAINT! I kept arguing and suggesting different possibilities (re-estimate, talk to estimator, get a second-opinion on the deduction estimate - but no...S.F. TRUSTS their estimator to do a good job, they won't listen to anyone else - CUZ IT SUITS THEM JUST FINE!!!!) and finally the lady said that the only thing I could do if I really didn't agree is to take their client (PUNK PUNK PUNK) to small claims court (which at first, i was totally gonna do until my parents talked me out of it...it costs $$$ to go to small claims court??)!!!! So I finally asked (after much argument, and them repeating themselves 500 times!) if I could just get the paint part fixed on my own and have another estimator come out afterwards. She said, she wasn't sure and she'll check and get back to me....
In between all these calls was a lot of me being upset and cussing out that little punk and his conniving mother (she really pissed me off) and being pissed at S.F. for being such bullies (cuz they knew I wouldn't really be able to do anything if my insurance company wouldn't help me!) and at the examiner guy for being such a prick. ARG! It's totally UNFAIR. But Fine. I did all I could. Someone from S.F. called me back and said no way. It's a pre-existing damage, and I can't fix it or whatever rubbish that came out of their mouth. I was exhausted of dealing with them (all their agents were pretty UNFRIENDLY too!!) and I'm leaving the country in 2 days!! So fine. I'll take your MEASLY settlement of $150ish (cuz it was 50-50 fault, so they only paid HALF of what they estimated BASTARDS!!!!!!!). But I've come out of this with an extreme hatred of S.F. (and Mercury didn't fare too well in customer satisfaction either) I mean, yeah, they're good...but they treat the other party like crap. I mean, there was NO NEED to be so mean about it. They knew they had the power and just ground me into the dirt. Grrrrr! So even though, I know that they treat the customers GREAT...they're the best...but they're MEAN. And I just don't wanna give my money to such MEAN people. BOOOOOOOO!
During this whole turmoil, I kept hating being grown up and having to deal with all this SUCKY SUCKY stuff. My parents kept telling me that this is like...my fate...or whatever and I should just accept it. Cuz if there's nothing I can do to change it, why get mad about it, it's just wasted effort/energy that doesn't change anything. But I can't help it. Just thinking about it now (even though it's all over and done with) makes me mad! I've accepted it cuz I've had to ($150 is better than nothing!) but why shouldn't I be mad about it?

<< Home