Walking's great exercise but not pleasant in killer heat
Bite Count: 11!!!!!!!
Oh my gosh! This weather is not good for my skin! My face has never been this oily in my life!! I feel like I need to wash it constantly!!! I think I get a new pimple everyday! And I'm sweaty 24 hrs a day! Even after taking a COLD shower (I don't think the hot water is working here), I'll be hot & sweaty 10 mins afterwards. And this is not good for my housechores workload! I'll have to do laundry every week if it continues like this (cuz I didn't bring enough feminine undergarments for longer than that)!!
Up at 8am (getting over jet lag). Over to ShiDa to go online while it's still free! :) Then off to run some errands. Just a little shopping and getting to know the neighborhood where I'll be living. It's soooo hot though! Even at 9am it's almost unbearable!! We also walked to my new place to find out the exact address (it's posted at all the doors), then went to the post office (which is right inside the neighborhood! So convenient!) to find out what the English translation is. Then stopped to rest and had some slushies (lemon and strawberry for <$2USD total!). mmmMM
I tried to read the menu and picked up some new words.
Walked over to my uncle's place on FuXing S Rd where my sis stayed (for free!) while she was here. The guard (yes there was a guard!!) recognized my mom! And he also remembered (and took delight in retelling) how Mimi would walk right past the building (not recognizing it) and he'd have to call out to her on several occassions! So he made sure to point out landmarks so that I would recognize it. :) hee hee
Over an hour of walking today! Wow!! What a good workout! If I can keep this up, maybe I'll even LOSE weight here! (I'm just hoping to break even right now) But we took the bus home cuz we were REALLY tired and our feet were about the fall off! And even from the bus stop, we still had to walk a bit to get home!
Learned some Taiwanese before dinner! Really made everyone crack up. Don't get what was so funny about it. mgu said that Taiwanese is really hard because it has 8 tones instead of the 4 that Chinese has. Ugh! I've got my work cut out for me! But I learned an important sentence! "I've been bitten by mosquitoes 11 times." (Hrm..not sure if I remember it now though...only about a week later..) But I'm glad I entertained everyone so well during dinner.
Made a quick exit after dinner to watch tv! :) And I've made a wonderful discovery!! Meteor Garden 2 (流星花園2) is being aired at 8pm every night!!!! Yippee!
It's more than half over though, so that sucks. I'll have to watch it from the beginning sometime! I'm also keeping 火鳥(Phoenix) on my TV schedule (every night at 10pm!!).
My dad got in safe & sound after midnight. My mom and I were supposed to stay up and let him in so he wouldn't wake up mgau, but we totally fell asleep!! Our bad! And so mga had to get up and let my dad in. Oops.
Oh my gosh! This weather is not good for my skin! My face has never been this oily in my life!! I feel like I need to wash it constantly!!! I think I get a new pimple everyday! And I'm sweaty 24 hrs a day! Even after taking a COLD shower (I don't think the hot water is working here), I'll be hot & sweaty 10 mins afterwards. And this is not good for my housechores workload! I'll have to do laundry every week if it continues like this (cuz I didn't bring enough feminine undergarments for longer than that)!!
Up at 8am (getting over jet lag). Over to ShiDa to go online while it's still free! :) Then off to run some errands. Just a little shopping and getting to know the neighborhood where I'll be living. It's soooo hot though! Even at 9am it's almost unbearable!! We also walked to my new place to find out the exact address (it's posted at all the doors), then went to the post office (which is right inside the neighborhood! So convenient!) to find out what the English translation is. Then stopped to rest and had some slushies (lemon and strawberry for <$2USD total!). mmmMM
I tried to read the menu and picked up some new words.
Walked over to my uncle's place on FuXing S Rd where my sis stayed (for free!) while she was here. The guard (yes there was a guard!!) recognized my mom! And he also remembered (and took delight in retelling) how Mimi would walk right past the building (not recognizing it) and he'd have to call out to her on several occassions! So he made sure to point out landmarks so that I would recognize it. :) hee hee
Over an hour of walking today! Wow!! What a good workout! If I can keep this up, maybe I'll even LOSE weight here! (I'm just hoping to break even right now) But we took the bus home cuz we were REALLY tired and our feet were about the fall off! And even from the bus stop, we still had to walk a bit to get home!
Learned some Taiwanese before dinner! Really made everyone crack up. Don't get what was so funny about it. mgu said that Taiwanese is really hard because it has 8 tones instead of the 4 that Chinese has. Ugh! I've got my work cut out for me! But I learned an important sentence! "I've been bitten by mosquitoes 11 times." (Hrm..not sure if I remember it now though...only about a week later..) But I'm glad I entertained everyone so well during dinner.
Made a quick exit after dinner to watch tv! :) And I've made a wonderful discovery!! Meteor Garden 2 (流星花園2) is being aired at 8pm every night!!!! Yippee!
It's more than half over though, so that sucks. I'll have to watch it from the beginning sometime! I'm also keeping 火鳥(Phoenix) on my TV schedule (every night at 10pm!!).
My dad got in safe & sound after midnight. My mom and I were supposed to stay up and let him in so he wouldn't wake up mgau, but we totally fell asleep!! Our bad! And so mga had to get up and let my dad in. Oops.

<< Home