I must confess
I have a confession...I seem to be drawn to all these teeny-bopper movies out there these days. I know full well that they'll suck, and yet I still want to watch them! And after I finish each movie, I can't believe how sucky it was!! :) Of course, there are an occassional few that are actually decent, but the vast majority really aren't worth the time and effort. Like yesterday night, I watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (until 2:30am!! no wonder i'm feeling sick!). I don't know why I ever wanted to see the movie in the first place. I blame Lindsay Lohan...I liked her after watching Parent Trap, so I think I've seen all her movies since!! But it's not just her! I watched How to Win a Date with Tad Hamilton (the guy from Las Vegas is pretty cuuuuuute!) hee hee but it was such a sucky movie! And I saw 13 going on 30...which was actually ok... Alright. I'm going to stop listing incriminating evidence that can be used against me! But yeah...just sharing with the world my awe at how effectively movie-makers relieve silly people like me from hard-earned money. although, I only usually watch these movies if i can rent them for free from the library...hee hee
Which leads me to another topic Di mentioned last night (at my final bridge night of the year!!!). Why do people buy books that they'll only read once? I mean, some books are definitely worth buying cuz you can read it over and over and over again! like Anne of Green Gables :) But others can only be read once, like...most of the popular, best-seller fiction novels...the mysteries, suspense, etc. stuff. We were amazed that people don't just borrow these from the library...for free! But I guess maybe it takes some people a long time to finish a book (like someone else we know, and I won't mention any names)...so it's maybe more practical to buy it rather than read half of it and have to return it. Ah well...I love the public libraries! I hope I'll be able to borrow English books in Taipei!
Which leads me to another topic Di mentioned last night (at my final bridge night of the year!!!). Why do people buy books that they'll only read once? I mean, some books are definitely worth buying cuz you can read it over and over and over again! like Anne of Green Gables :) But others can only be read once, like...most of the popular, best-seller fiction novels...the mysteries, suspense, etc. stuff. We were amazed that people don't just borrow these from the library...for free! But I guess maybe it takes some people a long time to finish a book (like someone else we know, and I won't mention any names)...so it's maybe more practical to buy it rather than read half of it and have to return it. Ah well...I love the public libraries! I hope I'll be able to borrow English books in Taipei!

<< Home