inconceivable!
One of my favorite movie lines comes from The Princess Bride:
Vizzini: Inconceivable!!
Inigo: You keep using that word -- I do not think it means what you think it means
(if you haven't seen the movie [inconceivable!]...Vizzini continuously uses this word to describe things that couldn't possibly happen...but yet all those impossible events kept occurring. Thus, Inigo's comment.) Click here for an audio clip of this line.
This word came to me a while ago when i was thinking about all my faults & flaws and was wondering how God could possible love me just the way I am ("Just as you are? Not thinner? Not cleverer? Not with slightly bigger breasts and a slightly smaller nose?"[from Bridget Jones's Diary, the movie]) and like inigo said, i don't think the word means what i think it means cuz God says He love me exactly as i am...even before I believed in Him. The hard part is really believing it when sometimes all i see are my inadequacies.
"7Now, no one is likely to die for a good person, though someone might be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." - Romans 5:7-8 (NLT)
And i was listening to the radio and heard the song "Just the way I am" by Big Daddy Weave that reminds me yet again how God's love really is...here's part of the lyrics, but really the whole song's good.
Unbelievable, I’m blown away it’s true
By the matchless love that I’ve found in You
Undeniable, the changes in me
I’ve never felt so free
It makes me want to dance
You make me want to dance
When I think about how
You love me, You love me
You love me just the way I am...
Vizzini: Inconceivable!!
Inigo: You keep using that word -- I do not think it means what you think it means
(if you haven't seen the movie [inconceivable!]...Vizzini continuously uses this word to describe things that couldn't possibly happen...but yet all those impossible events kept occurring. Thus, Inigo's comment.) Click here for an audio clip of this line.
This word came to me a while ago when i was thinking about all my faults & flaws and was wondering how God could possible love me just the way I am ("Just as you are? Not thinner? Not cleverer? Not with slightly bigger breasts and a slightly smaller nose?"[from Bridget Jones's Diary, the movie]) and like inigo said, i don't think the word means what i think it means cuz God says He love me exactly as i am...even before I believed in Him. The hard part is really believing it when sometimes all i see are my inadequacies.
"7Now, no one is likely to die for a good person, though someone might be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." - Romans 5:7-8 (NLT)
And i was listening to the radio and heard the song "Just the way I am" by Big Daddy Weave that reminds me yet again how God's love really is...here's part of the lyrics, but really the whole song's good.
Unbelievable, I’m blown away it’s true
By the matchless love that I’ve found in You
Undeniable, the changes in me
I’ve never felt so free
It makes me want to dance
You make me want to dance
When I think about how
You love me, You love me
You love me just the way I am...

<< Home