the old...Journey with Me...

Monday, February 21, 2005

Vacation Summary

Alright. I've got 5 mins before class starts...let's see how much I can write! :)

Friday, Feb 4 - took a bus down to TaiChung
Saturday & Sunday was in Kending..the southern-most tip of Taiwan. Very hot! Blistering sun. Didn't bring my swim suit which sucked cuz it was really cheap to rent jet skis and stuff. Went with my grandma, uncle, aunt & mom though so I probably woulda been the only one to go out. Mom and I were dropped off in KaoHsiong on Sunday and we visited my cousins for a day. Went to nightmarket (very different from ShiLin's! more ghetto...and actually had games and stuff) and ate some bad seafood that I later threw up. Joy. Also did some shopping in the jewelry wholesale area. Got some new earrings and a purse. Yay!! :) Got back to TaiChung on Monday night. Went major clothes shopping on Tues (Chinese New Year's Eve). More yay! Then spent lots and lots of time with family Wed-Fri cuz nothing else was open. Sat finally was able to go to the library to check email...and that's pretty much all I did all day cuz a lot of stores were still not open, but at least the nightmarkets started up again (actually they started on Fri i think)! Mon dinner went to Little Shanghai restaurant with practically the whole extended family plus my cousins' gfs and had the BEST 小龍包!!! Well...actually, I rank the 小龍包 to be as good as 鼎泰豐's (DingTaiFeng). Although the 皮 (skin) is not as thin as DingTaiFeng's...it's still pretty darn good and only a quarter of the cost!!!! So what a find. Plus, they're 包子 are really good too. :) Tues came back up to Taipei with my mom and spent the day showing her all my Taiwan purchases! :D Wed went to YangMingShan...very very very hot! And not that great at all. Thur started raining and getting cold. Went with my mom to see the lantern festival display at city hall but it's still only in the beginning stages. Not all the lights were up. Then dragged my mom to RaoHe Nightmarket...which was a really 倒楣 trip that I don't have time to get into right now. Fri sent my mom off to the airport. Sun went to the President's office/home.

And there you go. That was my vacation. Late for class! Gotta run!